I could take the easy way out and just buy a factory 4924 or 4935, but by the time I was done the only OEM pieces left would be the chassis, triggerpack, receiver and bolt. (Besides, the more work someone else does for me the less growth opportunity that leaves me to build new skills for myself.) I'm looking at the Farrowtech brace adapter now because plastic is more cheek-friendly on hot or cold days.

Brace is going to be a bit Rube Goldberg--I went with the A3 body because I got a better price and it allowed me more room to work around it in the case, alternate was the A4. This is going onto a Midwest sidefold tube with storage compartment mounted on one of those Leapers QD optic risers, then I'm going to throw in SB's length-of-pull limiters to keep it below 13.5". (I fully expect to lose position 5 in addition to the normal #6; no biggie because I have short arms and usually use pistol brace and rifle stock alike as either an "elbow stabilizer" or just a rear-end counterweight anyway.)