I've never done the SBR thing, but I do plan it in the future, if I funds allow.
If I am understanding you guys correctly, then you guys are saying that it IS POSSIBLE to own MULTIPLE SBR UPPERS, to be used with ONE SBR'D LOWER. ???
Is this correct? Furthermore, the debate seems to be that you guys are conflicted about whether or not the ATF needs to be notified, or whether or not the paperwork needs to directly state that multiple SBR UPPERS are going to be used on a SINGLE SBR'd LOWER.
SO, IF I am understanding you guys correctly here, then WHY in the hell don't you guys INITIALLY just fill out your paperwork to show this in the beginning, when you are initially registering your SBR lower?????
Bottom line is this: When I personally fill out the paperwork for my very FIRST SBR'd lower, I have always planned on listing MULTIPLE UPPERS (with varying bbl lengths which I will most likely purchase in the future), so that I will not be bothered with additional paperwork in the future.
Who cares if you never get around to purchasing the additional SBR uppers in varying lengths??? You'll always be covered IF YOU DO. WHY don't all of you do this up front???
Just wondering.