Quote Originally Posted by blade_68 View Post
Well I've been a full timer in my Scamp T.T. for just short of 10 years. Sold the house down sized, now building back up somewhat. Bought a acre of land with septic system, installed power and water. Two "portable building's" at edge of National Forest. Travelling light sounds great and is if your group is of like mind and large enough (security). I've got some good and bad people around here, but for most part they'll stick together, I'm not quite a "outsider" after being here for a few years now. Evac from where I live wouldn't be worth it unless the country is in a ground war. Then all bets are off. Good base of farms and live stock and they will be needing security experienced people. Knowing that I'm not a spring chicken anymore. Now when I fully retire I might be more mobile with Jeep n R.V. but keep my base here or in TX, KY?

This would be the way to do it if you were going to RV- have at least one place that is YOURS as a primary location. This way you could stock more of what you need and have the necessary infrastructure.