Thread: How to SBR Your Lower by Scottryan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
    Looking for more current information on submitting a forum 1 as an individual for an SBR. I have already had my lower receiver engraved and now need to submit the paperwork. I am planning to do eFile. I know I need fingerprint cards x 2 and passport sized photo x 2. What else do I need?

When efiling, do I submit the form online and then mail in the forum with fingerprint cards and photos? Also is the CLEO sign off even a thing any longer or do I just need to but the CLEO name, dept and address on the form.
    You submit your picture and form digitally, however, you must make sure that your form is signed, so make sure to do that before you upload the form.

At the end of it all, you don't need a CLEO sign off, just to notify them by sending a copy of the form to the sheriff's office or Attorney General of the state. Even if it gets returned to you, it's considered valid notification.

You will get a "cover sheet" that goes in the envelope with your finger print cards. Remember not to fold them.

FWIW, don't over think it too much. I missed the signature on my Responsible Persons form once, and even with the ATF agent reaching out, I had my Form 1 stamp in hand, from submission to final email, in 17 days.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-02-20 at 07:35.