Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC sand cutter BCG

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Jack is the bolt on the sandcutter similar to the LMT Bolts. Ive heard they are quite similar?? I never studies mine side by side.
    How about the BCG on the M110 vs MWS ?
    You guys are nice to LMT, that much I know. I'm sure it goes back and forth.
    PB
    Our 5.56 (E3) bolts are pretty different than anything else out there in the 5.56 world. Rounded lugs for reduced stress risers in the bolt, reduced cam pin hole for a stronger web, repositioned extractor pivot position for better mechanical advantage on the extractor, and more reinforcement on the lugs beside the extractor. 20k bolt life on short barrel suppressed guns (yeah, springs still need to be changed at their normal intervals).

The SR-25 and the MWS bolt carriers were very similar, but then both took diverging but similar paths. The lug dimensions are close enough to at least be nominally cross-compatible. LMT does good stuff, I hold Carl and his crew in high regard.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Our 5.56 (E3) bolts are pretty different than anything else out there in the 5.56 world. Rounded lugs for reduced stress risers in the bolt, reduced cam pin hole for a stronger web, repositioned extractor pivot position for better mechanical advantage on the extractor, and more reinforcement on the lugs beside the extractor. 20k bolt life on short barrel suppressed guns (yeah, springs still need to be changed at their normal intervals).

The SR-25 and the MWS bolt carriers were very similar, but then both took diverging but similar paths. The lug dimensions are close enough to at least be nominally cross-compatible. LMT does good stuff, I hold Carl and his crew in high regard.
    Thanks Jack

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    "Sandcutter" makes me think of certain FAL bolt carriers that had "sand cuts" in them.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    "Sandcutter" makes me think of certain FAL bolt carriers that had "sand cuts" in them.
    That's pretty much the origin.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Happy to see M4c enjoying my work.

Chad

Feedback Score
    For those reading, I have consistently observed Jack Leuba go out of his way to take care of KAC owners.

We're fortunate to have someone like him to help us out.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    For those reading, I have consistently observed Jack Leuba go out of his way to take care of KAC owners.

I really enjoy your videos! Thanks for sharing them.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I'll second that. I've exchanged a few emails even before I was a KAC owner - his consistent behavior is one of the reasons I am.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    I'll second that. I've exchanged a few emails even before I was a KAC owner - his consistent behavior is one of the reasons I am.
    Yup, also agreed. His posts on here are a big part of the reason that I have one upper and have plans to buy at least one more plus a few suppressors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Thanks man, I appreciate your attention to detail.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast