Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The One Gun Solution (GP Carbine) - Reality?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    My go-to is either a 14.5 with a short can, or an 11.5 with a larger can.
    Both with an LPVO, light, and IR laser/flood.
    I have gone past 1k with the 14.5 and purpose-oriented ammo.
    The overall length and weight of both is very similar.
    The 11.5 shines indoors due to the more effective suppressor, while the 14.5 takes over once past pistol-caliber range.
    I know you use the IR laser for aiming at night under NODs, but when you have to go IR to vis spectrum quickly, how do handle the LPVO in that situation? My understanding is that’s where an RDS works well in comparison since you don’t have the eye relief limitations. Keep in mind I’ve had about a 4 hr block of instruction on NODs from Pressburg and that’s the extent of my knowledge other than reading things here and there.

And back more on topic, which do you pick for the 0-400 parameters in the OP if you had to just pick one?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I know you use the IR laser for aiming at night under NODs, but when you have to go IR to vis spectrum quickly, how do handle the LPVO in that situation? My understanding is that’s where an RDS works well in comparison since you don’t have the eye relief limitations. Keep in mind I’ve had about a 4 hr block of instruction on NODs from Pressburg and that’s the extent of my knowledge other than reading things here and there.

And back more on topic, which do you pick for the 0-400 parameters in the OP if you had to just pick one?
    LPVOs and NODS don't play together very well.
    If the NODs drop down, I'm 100% on laser or gross aiming technique. If the laser doesn't work and it's dark, I'm on light + LPVO for GP carbines.

For the 0-400 range the practical reality is that an 11.5" 5.56 with effective suppressor is going to leave very little on the table.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    LPVOs and NODS don't play together very well.
    If the NODs drop down, I'm 100% on laser or gross aiming technique. If the laser doesn't work and it's dark, I'm on light + LPVO for GP carbines.

For the 0-400 range the practical reality is that an 11.5" 5.56 with effective suppressor is going to leave very little on the table.
    Thanks, that all makes sense. What’s your go to LPVO these days?

Feedback Score
    How well do offset rds work with nods?
    Could you skip a laser or still need that option?

I dont run nvg yet, but I like a mini suppressor (socom mini556) on an 11.5. Its just quiet enough and saves significant weight/length. 12.5” would be fine as well. Id rather have more barrel length than silencer length, but again, nvg might change that.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-17-20 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    Take whatever AR you have, put Ultradyne irons on it (easily move from 0 to 400 yards), and adjustable white light for no light, and maybe a visible laser for low light. Or you can scrap you rifle, spend thousands and thousands of dollars on short barrels, Aimpoints, night vision and IR lasers.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Take whatever AR you have, put Ultradyne irons on it (easily move from 0 to 400 yards), and adjustable white light for no light, and maybe a visible laser for low light. Or you can scrap you rifle, spend thousands and thousands of dollars on short barrels, Aimpoints, night vision and IR lasers.
    Nah bro I don’t need to scrap anything...and this ain’t 1990.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Guys with LPVOs, lasers, and night vision have been killing the dogs**t out of dudes with just iron sights at night with great regularity for about 25 years now.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

The One Gun Solution (GP Carbine) - Reality?

Guys with LPVOs, lasers, and night vision have been killing the dogs**t out of dudes with just iron sights at night with great regularity for about 25 years now.
    Jack, do you (or anyone else) have chrono days for a Mod 2 CQB with BH 77gr TMKs? I’m curious how it stacks up against the new hotness of certain 12.5s and found some data for a Triarc barrel with that load.

I’m also curious if you have experience shooting an offset RMR with nods. It seems to work well on pistols, I’m curious if a Badger C1 with RMR would be viable secondary aiming option after the IR laser when under nods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 04-17-20 at 14:23.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

You can't honestly be serious??

For me LPVO, PEQ15 and suppressor on 12.5" gun is my go to for the past few years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast