Thread: Travel Insurance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Travel Insurance

As I knock on wood since I have yet to need my travel insurance.

So I’ve only had experience with them for more information about their plans or before the trip to ask questions etc they have always been quick to have a real person on the phone, patient and helpful.

But at least for my age and plan choice I think the cost is worth being covered.
    https://www.travelguard.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zombiescometh; 01-19-20 at 14:30.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    I used State Farm a few years back on a snowboarding trip. Shattered my ankle and had to get emergency surgery. Between my insurance and travel insurance it cost me less than $2k for a $150k+ bill i believe. State farm paid out and additional $6k roughly on top of my insurance to cover additional costs.

Feedback Score
    My health insurance will pay hospital bills for me when traveling. I also carry medical evacuation insurance Medi Jet if I remember correctly, the admin staff takes care of it. Then I wear a Rolex and carry a bunch of gold with me.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    We have not gotten it for a lot of trips (vacations), but we have for the big ones (i.e., several grand in price). The travel agent recommended Allianz, it's the only one we used. it's pretty highly rated. Since it's the only one we used I do not know how it compares to others.

Feedback Score
    I've also bought travel insurance only once because people at the airport almost never ask it

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    We have used Gallagher and Allianz for mission trips to Honduras. Two years ago, we had 3 team members who had to be admitted to a private hospital for overnight care. Allianz was very easy to deal with and handled the expenses. On another trip, we had someone break an ankle. The insurance paid for treatment in Honduras and also paid for their treatment in the US. We have had good experiences with both insurance companies.