Thread: J-frame Manifesto/ How I set up my J-frames

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Great write up. I’ve been carrying J-frames since the early 90s.

My set up has morphed into pretty much what Greg has. I have the 340PD, and with that sticky holster and flat CT405 grips, it just melts into your pocket. I have the one with the ramp front sight and a red insert. Nothing to snag on, works like a charm.

The CT405 groups believe it or not, are for comfort and ergonomics more than it is for the laser. The flat grips slide into the pocket easier, and they’re actually a lot better to hold onto them than the stock grips. The super lightweight unobtanium 340PD is really snappy with hot .357 Mag rounds. The CT grips are softer and eat some of the recoil. The laser is just a bonus. I can take it or leave it.

I live in a part of the world where summer temperatures normally exceed 100°. It’s not uncommon for me to be wearing nothing more than a light T-shirt and a pair of athletic shorts when I walk out the door. The lightweight J frame in a good pocket holster is the normal carry that time of year. You forget it’s there and it doesn’t print at all.

As was said, nothing else goes in that pocket. Nothing. Ever.
    Last edited by Det-Sog; 01-16-20 at 09:51. Reason: spleelling and grahmmer, what else.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.