Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
I think the InRange guys' objection to the Reformation and the Shockwave were not that they exist, because I recall them saying they get the whole idea of giving a finger to the NFA, but that the manufacturers of those products were trying to pass them off as being something other than just simple NFA workarounds. As though their NFA-skirting quirks somehow made them superior to other, more conventional options for practical purposes. Mossberg was basically describing the Shockwave as like the "ultimate home defense weapon" for women or something. And Franklin Armory was practically portraying the Reformation and it's Nerf bullets as the next great leap in kinetic energy projectile technology.
Something about the Shockwave did seem to rankle Ian (The milder mannered, long haired guy) in particular though. As I recall comments made by Karl (Who is usually the bigger jackass of the two) later that even he was caught off guard by the way the normally laid back Ian went after the Mossberg rep.
To be fair to the companies though, I suppose it's probably a smart move to at least try and portray these products as having some kind of purpose beyond "Get bent, NFA" because while there's nothing illegal about that, it is in their best interests to maintain good relations with the ATF.

The reason why these guns are portrayed as legitimate self defense firearms is to get the leftist political machine off their back for exploiting a loophole in the law.

Everyone knows the shockwave isn’t an ideal defensive weapon. Every the Mossberg rep knows it. These two fools are too stupid to clue in on this. Like I said, cant read in between the lines.

Furthermore....

What happens when somebody makes a working and pratical sabot flechette firing gun similar to the reformation? Then what? That is the whole point of that thing. These two idiots missed that point.

I also take objection to the fact they act like dickheads at an industry show. Their industry credentials are dubious. Most of the guns they feature on YouTube they don’t own, they are loaned. This is a huge pet peave of mine when one of these YouTube “experts” comes along to tell some multimillionaire in the gun industry how shit is done.