Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss Arms SG 553 R (7.62x39)

Feedback Score
    There is no universal standard, which is why I asked. AR-10's are 5/8x24RH, AK47's are M14x1LH, vz.58's are M14x1RH, etc. If they decided to follow the AK47 pattern, then the flash hider is LH. Otherwise, it's likely RH. I'd like to know before I try to twist it off.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    According to Dave when I asked it is the typical AR 10 Pattern of 5/8x24 RH. Feel free to PM him on facebook, however, that is what I was told.

Feedback Score
    Great. I'll try the leftie-loosie twist off.

Feedback Score
    Did you finally get the gen 3 magpul mags to work? Since US Palm is now bankrupt, whom else makes quality AK mags? Does Arsenal have US made mags? Nothing beats Bulgarian waffles and Russian mags for AK 47 and 74 pattern rifles IMHO. It seems that non-Bulgarian and Russian AKs tend to have different tastes when it comes to polymer AK mags.

Just to clarify, I am referring to polymer mags. Old steel eastern block mags run great as well
    Last edited by MadAngler1; 07-25-18 at 16:46. Reason: clarification

Feedback Score
    I did get the Magpuls to work, but it took some filing on the catch tabs. Arsenal has mags with US followers and floor plates. That would be a better alternative, but you'd have to use another US compliance part somewhere else. My US compliance parts are:
    FCG = 3
    Magazine = 3
    Flash hider = 1

As far as I know, there are not any other US parts that can be used, but I'm open to ideas.

Feedback Score
    I was finally able to complete my 553R SBR. I swapped out the factory trigger group with a ShootingSight hammer and sear along with a Sig USA trigger. Dry firing it definitely feels better than the factory trigger group, but I'll have to see how it feels at the range. Dave confirmed that the threading of the muzzle is 5/8x24RH. I was able to remove the factory flash hider, so now I'm looking to find something to replace it. I'm thinking about installing some sort of 3-lug adapter & flash hider combination. Suggestions are welcome. I know that many don't care about sec922(r), but the rifle is now compliant using the Magpul magazines.

Feedback Score
    Range report? :-)

Feedback Score
    Hopefully this weekend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got my Form 1 back on my 553R. My suppressor for it is in jail, which also has the muzzle device with it. As soon as that gets out of jail I will zero it at 50 yards with the Aimpoint T2 and some 8M3. That will make for a very deadly HD weapon. I figured I would wait a little bit until I can get the true zero with the suppressor. When shooting unsuppressed I will just accept the POI shift.

Feedback Score
    PNorris, what suppressor and muzzle device are you using? I'd like to get a suppressor, but I honestly don't know much about them. I do have a TiRant 9 that I use on some of my pistols. Are you going with one that threads on or one of those 3-lug type. From the videos I've seen, the 3-lug type seems very secure, but I've never seen one in person.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast