Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPurpose View Post
I've read far too many problems with both the long and short versions of the SilencerCo 3-lug, so I've stayed away entirely. I use a Griffin Armament 3-lug and a Rugged 3-lug. I believe the Griffin is the more stable design between the two on paper, but in usage I've found them to be equal. The Griffin mount is about an ounce heavier than the Rugged from what I remember.

New Rugged on the left, heavily used Griffin on the right. See how the Rugged uses an O-ring, and has one point of contact between the inner piston and the outer module? Versus the Griffin, which has two points of contact between the piston and the outer module, and doesn't need an O-ring. I've dedicated my Rugged 3-lug to my SilencerCo Omega 9K, where it lives on my semi-auto MP5K-PDW, and my Griffin 3-lug to my SilencerCo Octane .45, where it will live on my full-auto Sten Mk. II. If you want the absolute lightest mount, I would buy the Rugged. If you want that extra peace of mind, I would buy the Griffin. Both have worked flawlessly for me, and lock up tight.
Thank you. I was concerned about using another companies mount on the Silencerco can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk