Vertical foregrip (VFG) is better term than front post, it took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about. Recoil control is just as much about your entire body's stance as it is grip on the gun. I like a short VFG with a hybrid grip as you've described, where my thumb is over the top, index and middle are on the rail, and ring and pinky are on the grip. You don't necessarily have to shrug your shoulder up high, but it helps a lot to push it forward towards your target. Having the stock extended as far as reasonably comfortable will likely give you better leverage on the gun and you want to really press your cheek into the stock, don't just set it on top. Finally, I'm all about that power iso stance that some awesome LEOs have taught me out here. I think Jon Chapman mentions the same technique in one of his Panteao videos but your firing side foot is dropped back a bit behind your support foot, and the knee is locked out. Load your support knee by leaning into it a bit. It's pretty damn solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk