Thread: Public Service Announcment: check for fire-on-release triggers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Clint thanks for pointing me to this awesome sticky. I need to review the stickies.

Thanks Ned.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Just seeing this thread now.

I actually had this issue with a complete lower from a very well known manufacturer on this forum.

It surprised me because it didn't do it every time, and the first time it happened I thought "I didn't just pull the trigger twice??" This was very difficult to diagnose because it wouldn't happen consistently and would often happen during rapid strings of fire. One day I was doing slow fire and noticed it fired as I released the trigger and knew I had a problem.

Luckily this was taken care of by the manufacturer but I can certainly attest that it does happen even to the very best manufacturers.

Great thread.
    I had this happen to me esterday when I was trying to hit a clay pigeon at the 50 yard line with my 9mm AR. I was slowly releasing my trigger. The gun also went full auto a few times. I can now get it to do it 100%!of the time with a functions check. The slow release is key.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ew-times-today

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I'd be curious too as to IG's answer but will hazard a guess it will be "no". I feel it a safe bet to say that a few manufacturers, those making guns for the G among them, understand and check for the issue.
    I've been to several AR armorers courses as a cop. I don't think this was discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Try imgur. I use it for all the Arisaka images that get posted on forums. Very easy drag and drop interface and none of that weird indirect linking crap that photobucket has.
    That's a great tip too. Photo bucket used to be great but it's a PITA now. Especially from a phone or tablet.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 04-30-17 at 12:03.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree