Thread: Simple Weight Loss Tips (few follow)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Simple Weight Loss Tips (few follow)

My article via Labrada.com on some simple weight loss tips that are common sense, and effective, yet rarely used!

There are some amazingly simple behaviors and strategies we can all add to our nutritional goals and workout plans that will have a positive effect. Using my own addiction to Cheez-It’s as the primary example, I am going to cover a few of these surprisingly simple yet effective strategies. A few issues to keep in mind

Cont:

http://www.labrada.com/forher/the-si...o-one-follows/
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-05-16 at 12:25.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    My article via Labrada.com on some simple weight loss tips that are common sense, and effective, yet rarely used!

There are some amazingly simple behaviors and strategies we can all add to our nutritional goals and workout plans that will have a positive effect. Using my own addiction to Cheez-It’s as the primary example, I am going to cover a few of these surprisingly simple yet effective strategies. A few issues to keep in mind

Cont:

http://www.labrada.com/forher/the-si...o-one-follows/
    Really enjoyed the article Will,

All things most of us are aware of, but it made me stop and think of how often, or lack there of in my case, I actually apply some of these.

Going shopping hungry, big hit for me. I tend to go right away after work, which tends to be between meals, and can cause troubles.

Nonetheless, thanks for writing and sharing, always a pleasure to read your works and self-reflect.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Nice article. I maintain the only reason I can keep weight off is because of my wife. She does the shopping, she only gets what is on her list, and it is invariably 90% healthy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    thanks for the article...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just a couple of rules I have noticed as a guy in his fifties, they work for me.
    1) Reducing the amount you eat and getting a better understanding of "being hungry" is key. Most of the time I was eating it was "Time to eat" or I was bored. If you recognize that for what it is, it's going to be a hell of a lot easier to lose some weight.
    2) Budget Carbohydrates like fast food are your enemy. It's easier to bypass those things when you have a better understanding of rule #1.
    3) Going to the gym is going to suck for a while. Going to the gym is going to suck a lot less if you use a bit of moderation as you get back in to it. If you haven't lifted in a year, it may take you a year or two to get back to those levels, getting in a hurry will only cause you an injury.
    4) Don't look at the scale, look at how your belt and pants are fitting. That scale can be a big motivation drain if you let it be. I put mine in the bathroom closet, I haven't weighed myself in 5 months and wont weigh in again until I go for a regular check up, like every six months.
    5) Protein is only as good as the source it comes from. Learn to enjoy fish and lean chicken.
    6) If it's been deep fried it aint good for you.

Feedback Score
    Going to the store when I'm not hungry always backfires for me. I end up not getting enough food. This means I hit fast food places more often because I can't find anything to eat in the house.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    Going to the store when I'm not hungry always backfires for me. I end up not getting enough food. This means I hit fast food places more often because I can't find anything to eat in the house.
    That's what lists are for. They keep you on track.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”