Quote Originally Posted by Blstr88 View Post
The Lakes Region (basically all around Lake Winnipesaukee) are gorgeous, Im quite partial to the north side of the lake versus the south side (Wolfeboro in particular) - but that might just be because I live there :-)

As you go further north from Lake Winni it gets nicer and nicer in my opinion. As someone mentioned Mt Washington is quite the sight - it can be driven up in summer and its worth the trip...however if its even still open for driving it wont be much longer, winter comes early up on that mountain.

Just general driving around and sight seeing anything north of the mountains pretty much - North Conway is a nice little town with plenty of restaurants/shopping/whatnot. I do think Wolfeboro is worth a trip too. And theres also a small "cruise" ship on Lake Winni, its named The Mount Washington...they'll take you to the major ports around the Lake, including Meredith which is also nice. Again though I dont know how much longer theyre running...probably a few more weeks at least.

Just over the border into Maine in the southern part of the state is Kittery Trading Post too...good place to kill a few hours for sure.

Are you coming back frequently or is this just a one time thing? January-March or so is the best time to be up here in my opinion! Ice fishing, ice racing, snowmobiling, skiing/snowboarding...now we're talking!

EDIT: Just realized you're from Minnesota so the snow/ice sports probably wont do much for you
I grew up in the Lakes Region (Franklin) and we used to enter the ice fishing tournaments on Winnipesaukee. Loved that area growing up in the late 70's, early 80's. Weirs Beach arcades, all the local lake beaches, skiing Gunstock, Loon, Cannon, fall foliage, mudding on the skidder trails in my old Jeep. All the county fairs. Truly the good old days.