Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SIG Fail! Slovene Triumph!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Dude, you just posted something that I agree with 100%. I knew you had it in you. JK
    lol blind hogs and acorns?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We DO know that SIGs in general are very reliable and accurate, and this is a sample of 1 test. Having served with the SEALS and many other LE/MIL roles for a long time speaks to the gun, and as has been proven here on many threads, with proper care of the rails, the P series stays afloat for a long service life. My title has elliptical aspects.

We DO NOT know how the Rex will fare over time. But it looks promising and the decocker/slide stop combination makes a heck of a lot of sense. Having a gun perform in the dirt and mud like this opens the eyes - but I haven't ordered one yet. We will see how many QC issues they have in selling thousands to the public, and how many LE/MIL catch on. Then there is support - where will gun control go? When the lying-criminal-witch gets anointed, where will mags for this go? Where will imports go? Blah Blah.

I DON'T like the XD like extractor and mag release you can't use well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GregP220 View Post
    I hope he does another HK torture test.

There is no butthurt quite like HK butthurt.
    Lol so true, but Sig is close. You really want to see the wheels come off this thing, let's see a SR-25 test. I doubt there's much appetite to screw around with $4000+ rifle. It would still be highly entertaining.
    Last edited by JPB; 09-10-16 at 09:57.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    the combo decocker slide stop idea has been around a while.

I picked up a yugo zastava cz99 on the cheap cheap a while back. looks like the bastard child of a walther p88 and a sig. it's got the same combo on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Is that a new Sig gun? It seems more like a gun issue. I know he does the function check, but the SIG never seems like it operates as smoothly and cleanly as other. So the Sig is tighter, runs closer to edge and has a higher probability of having issues with gunk. It is kind of surprising. A tight STI 2011, I can understand and know doesn't like fine dusty soil. I had a Sig X5 that handled that dust they call dirt here in Colorado just fine. And I'd think a Sig X5 would be tighter than a Legion model.

The AREX doesn't use sig mags?

Note to self, don't buy used guns from him.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    I'd be more curious to see a long term durability test.

I believe most of the Sig's failures can be attributed to the new external extractor design. The new long extractor design seems like it would bind up if sand/mud gets in there. Dunking into water may not dislodge or get that stuff out.

I'd love to see the same test with an older p226 with internal extractor. I'd be willing to bet those would do significantly better.
    Last edited by og556; 09-10-16 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Would like to see this test on the pantheon of 'go to' weapons.

Feedback Score
    When it was completely clean, the Sig didn't seem to be tossing spent cases with much velocity. Perhaps it just had too heavy of a recoil spring installed. If so, anything to slow the slide velocity a bit could result in failures.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234