Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plinking Ammo 5.56 What do you use?

Feedback Score
    I reload . I look for sales on what ever bullets I can find cheap. Actually I really don't care much for rifle shooting. Loading 223 is fun.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Wolf Gold
    Same.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Range ammo is range ammo. If you're running drills or just looking to dump a few mags I don't see why it matters as long as it runs in your rifle.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    Range ammo is range ammo. If you're running drills or just looking to dump a few mags I don't see why it matters as long as it runs in your rifle.
    Right, and the OP was asking for suggestions on what users are using that runs in their rifles.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamented View Post
    What 5.56 ammo do you plink with?
    Price, Accuracy, Does it run clean or dirty, any problems with performance etc?

Thanks
    Whatever is cheapest..... which is mostly steel case. Tula, is about the best deal I can get. Wolf Gold seems to the best cheapest ammo over all. I have never had any issues reliability wise with any ammo. The Russian shit seems to be dirtier, but WTF, I run the gun till it need to be cleaned and start again.

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 19:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bfoosh006 View Post
    I prefer my plinking ammo to be accurate as practical.

I suggest you try some of everything you can find and see which one your rifle likes.

The difference in accuracy between barrels can be amazing. Mine have decided likes and dislikes.

IMHO, finding a round your rifle likes will pay off in much more useful training time.

You can focus on your trigger time rather then wondering if the ammo caused that miss.
    My thoughts exactly

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've found PMC XTAC 62gr m855 clone to be pretty cheap and accurate in my ARs. Just be aware that as an m855 clone, most if not all, indoor ranges will not allow it.

Feedback Score
    I usually use Tulammo for training and plinking only because it's the cheapest I can find when I buy it by the case. It is dirtier then some others and in my experience is less accurate when you push shots out past 100 yards but it always goes bang when you pull the trigger.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Whatever XM193 I can find cheapest, usually Federal packaging, I buy in bulk whichever package size I can get cheapest cost per round (not always the bulk pack.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12