Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OHIO: Do NOT vote Kasich! Emergency 2A alert!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    IMHO, it all depends now on if the non-Trump vote coalesces around Cruz. I'm not talking about establishment players like McConnell or Ryan making a public endorsement. Instead, I am talking about people like Walker, Jim Jordan, etc. Personally, I do not think this will happen. I suspect that the establishment would prefer Trump to Cruz.
    Florida's governor has come out in support of the Donald.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Florida has 6,000,000+ more people than Ohio, it's got a higher population density, and is the flattest state in the country - by far. (Ohio doesn't even make the top 5)

Additionally, if you think Florida isn't like...nationally known for having crazies and weirdos or anything, then you probably belong here.

Yet I can go hunt on public land with a .50 BMG.

So tell me again, what is Ohio's reasoning for restricting 2A rights?
    OH was much closer to states like MA and CT in terms of gun laws (which is to say fu$%#d) for a long time and only recently improved, but is no VT, NH, FL and an oddly anti gun state for the region. Someone from OH telling someone from FL about drunk idiots, nuts, and weirdos as some how justification for un constitutional gun laws is LOL worthy.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    That's simply not true. The anti-trumps on M4C tell me that Democrats vote for Trump to make them more successful in the primary.
    I think that it is pretty clear that Trump draws some support form the Democrat Party; Trump himself touts this. To what extent registered Dems are voting in the open primaries to throw the election to a candidate favorable to Hillary remains a mystery. I can now point to data that supports and refutes that theory. There is simply no way to know if this is happening or any effect it might have.

I personally believe that whatever Dems he steals in this primary will be overwhelmingly offset by Republicans who sit at home (or write in a candidate) as well as the independents that break for whoever is the Democrat nominee. I base this on polling data that I've posted in various threads that show Trump having the highest unfavorable rating of any candidate for POTUS in the modern era. That disapproval spans Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. I do not see it changing since he has one of the highest name recognitions of any candidate running for office (people with low name recognition are more able to affect a negative approval rating as they introduce themselves).
    Last edited by Sensei; 03-16-16 at 14:18.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    The significance of OH is that it made a brokered convention reasonably possible. Had Trump swept all the states, it would have been almost impossible to outright beat him, and very difficult to force a convention fight. As it stands now, there is a very good chance that Trump will come to within 100 delegates of 1237 but fall just a bit short.

IMHO, it all depends now on if the non-Trump vote coalesces around Cruz. I'm not talking about establishment players like McConnell or Ryan making a public endorsement which may actually undermine his efforts. Instead, I am talking about people like Walker, Jim Jordan, Sasse, Paul, etc. Personally, I do not think this will happen. I suspect that the establishment would prefer Trump to Cruz. That is because Cruz has poked the eye of too many people in the Senate.

And for the conservatives, who are concerned about Trump not being conservative (rightfully so), joining with him is the best way to influence him and the election. If the party embraces him, then he will be much more open to smart, experienced conservatives advising him.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djegators View Post
    And for the conservatives, who are concerned about Trump not being conservative (rightfully so), joining with him is the best way to influence him and the election. If the party embraces him, then he will be much more open to smart, experienced conservatives advising him.
    And I see no evidence to support your opinion. If anything, the evidence points to the opposite. His top campaign adviser is one of the biggest dickheads in Washington

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    And I see no evidence to support your opinion. If anything, the evidence points to the opposite. His top campaign adviser is one of the biggest dickheads in Washington
    The only chance for the GOP is to rally around the front runner...and they certainly won't influence him by attacking him.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The only chance for the GOP is to rally around the front runner...and they certainly won't influence him by attacking him.
    The RINO establishment isn't going to "rally" around anyone but Kasich. They'd rather lose than win with someone they don't have control over.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    The RINO establishment isn't going to "rally" around anyone but Kasich. They'd rather lose than win with someone they don't have control over.
    True dat...

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    They don't want to win anyways...they are happier where they are.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I seriously doubt anyone has any influence over Trump, nor will they ever.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast