Thread: Dot vs. Triangle: Reflex sight reticle questions

Feedback Score

Dot vs. Triangle: Reflex sight reticle questions

I have about decided to purchase a reflex sight of some kind, either a Trijicon 1x42 or Meprolight M21.

I've used Aimpoints and ACOG's and like both of them for their advantages, but now I'm wanting to add a reflex sight to the mix.

Do any of you happen to have experience with both the dot and triangle reticles on your reflex sights?

I'm jumping back and forth with which one I should purchase.

It's a matter of which one is most user-friendly under the most conditions.

Anybody care to make comments?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I have about decided to purchase a reflex sight of some kind, either a Trijicon 1x42 or Meprolight M21.

I've used Aimpoints and ACOG's and like both of them for their advantages, but now I'm wanting to add a reflex sight to the mix.

Do any of you happen to have experience with both the dot and triangle reticles on your reflex sights?

I'm jumping back and forth with which one I should purchase.

It's a matter of which one is most user-friendly under the most conditions.

Anybody care to make comments?
    For me the triangle can be a distraction, always trying to line up the pinnacle. Dots take that variable out of the equation for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Digital Damage is pretty close to my point.

Having I lot a trigger time with Trijicon's triangle I began to notice I was naturally putting more time an effort into aligning a shot, which doesn't sit well with me.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ill never buy a pointy reticle again, triangle or chevron, they both suck. If your reticle is too bright due to lighting conditions the entire triangle will bloom and you WILL lose that fine aiming point. Also after shooting for a while and eye fatigue sets in the tip of the triangle starts to get blurry.