bfoosh,
I was able to pull up data - The 85gr MB is 1.068 long and the 80gr Sierra is 1.090 long.
In looking at the picture - if that is the actual bullet - it appears to be as I thought. Long bearing surface with a smaller radius ogive. This is very reminicent of the 80gr Hammett's that were made by Clarence Hammett back in the late 90's/ early 2000. He ran a drilling company in LA and made bullets on the side. He had a fair amount of success with a heavy bullet (80gr) that could be loaded to mag length. He used a rebated boattail on his. They were finicky, but they shot well with the right load. We used them at 600yds through a mag and they would easily hold the 10 ring. They were a bit sensitive in the wind though. He got out of making virtually all bullets except for custom .17's. I don't think he is in business anymore. This Barnes 85 looks earily similar. I will see if I can post a pic of the Hammett tonight - I still have a few boxes gathering dust somewhere.

I am still curious that they used a 12 twist barrel and show the velocities that they do. What kind of chronograph do you use?