Thread: Steel Pistol Target Stand

Feedback Score

Steel Pistol Target Stand

So there is a guy locally here that sells AR500 12x12 plates for only $50 and I want to buy one for a pistol target. The question I have for you guys is do you need to angle down the target for pistol ammo? (9mm and 45 acp) Ideally I would like to angle down the target, but I am trying to figure out a good portable stand that I can make that will help angle it (if needed) Have you guys had any problems withs ricochets for steel pistol targets at 10-15 yards?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    They need to be angled down about 20 degrees. 50 bucks for one plate is high. Look around on the net and you can find some deals that are better. I got a 3 pack of 1/3 ipsc for 50.

Feedback Score
    For a 12x12 it's a pretty good deal since I don't have to pay for shipping either, but I will keep looking around.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I bought 4 10 X 10 X 3/8 plates here, $83 and free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8-10-x10-S...item4186e7587c

They are as good or better than some plates I bought that were sold as specific target plates..

I drilled 1 1/2" hole and hung them on strips of rubber 18 wheeler mud flaps. You need a drill press at slow speed and high pressure and oil. Once the drill starts to cut never let up the pressure until the hole is through. You can start with 1/4" hole then go to 1/2". Put the bolt and a nut, put on the mud flap and another nut behind it, that way it will hang at an angle. Ain't easy but it can be done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    I bought 4 10 X 10 X 3/8 plates here, $83 and free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8-10-x10-S...item4186e7587c

They are as good or better than some plates I bought that were sold as specific target plates..

I drilled 1 1/2" hole and hung them on strips of rubber 18 wheeler mud flaps. You need a drill press at slow speed and high pressure and oil. Once the drill starts to cut never let up the pressure until the hole is through. You can start with 1/4" hole then go to 1/2". Put the bolt and a nut, put on the mud flap and another nut behind it, that way it will hang at an angle. Ain't easy but it can be done.
    Thanks, I will look into these.