Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterFanBoy View Post
Grant,
I gotta play devil's advocate here and say that those varmint guns are going to be doing way more killing than my "fighting guns" ever will.
Ground hogs don't shoot back. So if your varmint gun fails, it matters not. Remember that you train for the worst and hope for the best. You build the best quality AR you can and hope you NEVER have to pull the trigger.

For the training/paper puncher guys I think a varmint quality build would be more appropriate. The only thing they have to worry about is embarrassment in front of the class when their gun jams.
People that attend training put a lot of rounds through their weapons in a rough manner. A "varmint" grade AR will not last. Spend $700 for a class and another $400-$600 in ammo + food + lodging and let me know if you want your AR to go down or malfunction a lot.

The varmint guys and gamers are the ones who really don't use "fighting guns" at all, and usually use specialized weapons. Ironically it is these people who would benefit most from a reliable weapon. (i.e higher scores, more kills)

Just thought that was a little something to think about...
Serious 3 gunners that compete use quality components as they do not want their guns to go down as they will lose the match.

C4