Thread: What's the matter with you, Maine?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

What's the matter with you, Maine?

http://www.isidewith.com/map/5i5/sup...gun-control#z5

Aside from Maine (Is that an error?), the only places in the country with >50% support for increased gun control are San Francisco, LA, Chicago, and major cities in the Northeast. Unfortunately, those ~10 cities also compromise over 75,000,000 folks.

Neat map.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Libtards flock to cities, what can I say? I don't care what their numbers are, have your little gun control schemes in your filthy cities and leave us here in the hinterlands to our own devices.

That's one thing about liberalism and it's core issues: it requires (in their minds) forced mass participation. Pro-gun folks don't want to make everyone buy a gun, but anti's don't want anyone to own a gun.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 03-27-15 at 17:55.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Cities have long been more amenable to certain forms of authoritarianism than country folk. Of course, the inverse is also true.

I bet there's someone's master's thesis in anthropology explaining the why.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I met one of our new secretaries the other day who moved to ME from CA. She immediately said, "What is it with Maine and guns?" I just cannot see how that map is possibly correct. If anything, the southern part of the state near Portland is the liberal section of the state. There is simply no way the 2nd CD could be anti gun to that extent. I have to conclude that map is not correct. It seems to me and many others that in general the entire state is finally moving away from liberalism.
    Last edited by JS-Maine; 03-28-15 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    I'm also from Maine. My first impulse was that there was an error somewhere when they made that map. Maine loves its guns, especially in the central/northern areas. I'd believe the colors should have been reversed, as the southern counties are more left leaning by far.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Perhaps the good folks from Maine interpreted the question of "increased gun control" to mean "using both hands" and answered in the affirmative.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62