Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed building a pink AR

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I don't understand why a girl's rifle should look like a Barbie gun!! It is a rifle NOT a TOY!!!
    I think it's just the way we look at things. Guys look at an AR and see a tool to be modified. Gals look at it as something that needs to be "Accessorized" like handbags, scarfs, shoes, jewelry, etc. Yep, we're different!

Feedback Score
    Larue has some pink furniture as well...

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-t...-combo-package
    " I can't walk with gum in my mouth...It makes it to where I can't breathe"-The Wife Unit

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
    In my case, it helped transition my gf into it..
    So split crotch panties will help transition my 60 year old wife into a runway model? I love it! This place is getting more like TOS every day!

Feedback Score
    I didn't like the idea, but thought I'd test the waters and showed my gf some pink guns. She thought it was retarded, and is girly as they come.

I can see little girls being into it, and it makes it theirs, but I don't think it's gonna get someone to shoot. Thats like saying a blond guy would help transition you into...

If someone would shoot a pink gun, and not a black one, that relationship would be over just on the principle of the matter. Actually, as I type this, I'm realising how utterly absurd the entire notion is.

Again, if you just want it, and for kids and stuff, I can see it, or a girls game gun. For the op, I'd probably go magpul first. Good stuff, easily replaced down the road.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-14-15 at 20:16.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I see lots of guys on here spending inordinate amounts of time, energy, and bandwidth asking about various accessories, colors, and additions that will never be needed for anything so what's the difference? Anything on mine that can be is FDE but it's simply because I like it. It isn't needed for work or play I just like it. So what.

OP when I built my wifes I originally used Magpul and Hogue. I started with plastic handguards, then installed a Hogue forend and ended up with XTM panels over a Centurion rail. The pink looks good with the black. Now it's all black and FDE, like mine. I think I've still got a bunch of XTM panels. Build what she wants.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DSG is out of stock but you can order and they will ship when it comes in......https://dsgarms.com/mgmoekit
    Marriage is a good institution, considering you're ready for one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Hopefully it's the right pink.
    http://www.magpul.com/pinkmoe.html

NOT Tapco, so already making progress. Brownells has each in stock.
    Rainier Arms also has the pink Magpul furniture. Picked some up for my girl's AR. She is happy with it and enjoys shooting it. Color be damned if it gets her into shooting with me, I am happy. FWIW, she also owns a black Benelli M4, black HK P30 and a S&W 686.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 01-14-15 at 21:08.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Rainier Arms also has the pink Magpul furniture. Picked some up for my girl's AR. She is happy with it and enjoys shooting it. Color be damned if it gets her into shooting with me, I am happy. FWIW, she also owns a black Benelli M4, black HK P30 and a S&W 686.
    This is why this particular "What Color?" thread works. While what color your AR doesn't make the rifle shoot better, it's often important to getting females on the trigger which is important. This is why it's not a TOS thread.

The only thing I can add is, let her decide what she likes. Don't pick for her
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    So split crotch panties will help transition my 60 year old wife into a runway model? I love it! This place is getting more like TOS every day!
    Nobody's saying that a pink AR will make your girlfriend a high speed, low drag, beard-wearing, red meat-eating, certified DEVGRU-CAG-SEAL Ranger Raider Special Forces Sniper. A pink LE6920 or a FDE cerakoted BCM or an A2 with curly walnut furniture or a traditional black-on-black DD is all the same thing for 99.9% of us at the end of the day.

Whatever it takes to get more shooters, I say.

If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 01-14-15 at 23:27.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    OP, I "built" my wife her pink AR with MagPul furniture including their MOE stock and grip. For the rail, I kept it subdued alternating one pink then one black XTM panel on three sides. Wideners has some Muddy Girl pink pattern mags I got her as stocking stuffers. She loves the set up. The gun is a DD V2LW carbine by the way. PM me and I'll provide pics if you want.

As for this ignorant BS below, who gives a f_ck what you don't understand. My wife went to the Air Force Academy, now works for the local PD (this is not a duty gun obviously) and, generally speaking, probably knows more about guns and can shoot better than the average male gun owner. She wanted and a pink AR so she now she has one. WTF do you care? TOS? Yeah - because of little wiener syndrome comments like this and you panty comment. Spare me the drivel. You sound like a good lib - if you don't agree no one should do it...

I don't understand why a girl's rifle should look like a Barbie gun!! It is a rifle NOT a TOY!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast