Thread: In need of two different gets. 1 for Car 1 for carrier/belt for training.

Feedback Score

In need of two different gets. 1 for Car 1 for carrier/belt for training.

When it comes to first aid, I do ok. Yes, need more training but who doesn't? When it comes to the components, I'm honestly overwhelm as what is out there on the market.

Kit I'm looking to have is one for my car that I'll have when I train or teach local classes. I have a small one that I've built together over the years but it's pretty much for "bo bo's and scrapes." I'm not looking to go all out Dr. House on someone but merely buy the person time, control/stop bleed until the pro's arrive.

Then I need my own personal IFAK, one against look more of a improvement. Bandages, quick clot and gauze is the only things I have other than bandaids/tape.

I understand this topic keeps beat down like a dead horse and I'm sorry. I just feel very overwhelm in this side.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Are you teaching other first aid classes?

Honestly a boo boo kit and an IFAK or similar is probably fine for a car kit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I stock small first aid kits based on what I've needed to use in the past. I keep gauze, a compression wrap, bandaids, tape, moleskin, tweezers, a small set of shears, and some multi-use ointment (one for cuts, one for insect stings) in a small "IFAK" pouch I carry. That kit takes care of the cuts, scrapes, and blisters which comprise 99.99% of the injuries I have seen when out in "the woods" (mostly my kids getting cuts and scrapes lately). You could always put an Israeli bandage and a chest seal in your kit, especially if you have concerns about treating more severe wounds (car crash... maybe?). Also possibly some Advil for pain relief and Tylenol for fever reduction if you might be away from civilization for more than one night or two. I'm sure I am forgetting something.

First aid kits don't need to be big, and they can get expensive FAST.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 12-27-14 at 18:18.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post

Honestly a boo boo kit and an IFAK or similar is probably fine for a car kit.
    Simply put, and perfect.

I used to "build" kits as a side business, all the way from boo-boo kits to IFAKs to literal expedition-to-Nepal-and-Africa kits. I cannot build them any better or cheaper than what you can buy from Adventure Medical Kits.