The DPMS gen 2 does seem to, by all accounts, be very good. And its very well priced too. The other options are so expensive still that I can see the appeal of building now that there are reasonable priced receiver sets. Before Mega's MaTen was $5-$600 just to get the receivers making the AR308 price exclusive. But now you can get an Aero set or a PSA set for less than $300 which is incredible

I can post my info here but only if we do it as a draft. Maybe we can make the info into its own thread and sticky it later on. But since its been almost 4 years since I built my Ma-Ten, I'd like some feedback on some of the data before we say "Here's the go by info thread on AR308s". Hopefully all the links work from word and I won't need to reformat it for the forum lol. That's a lot of links. I'd like Kevin from KAC to look over it but I dont know if he can give insight because of his affiliation with KAC. Anyway, let me know. I wrote for a few hours yesterday and I stopped when I kind of got to the end of my knowledge at bolts and headspace and stuff. But maybe we can glean some info from those TOS threads and mash them into my write up