Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Vickers Tactical Advanced Pistol/Carbine -- 7/11/08 AAR

Feedback Score
    Great AAR.
    You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    ...I didn't pick up someone's mag from the last drill, did I? If I did, PM me.

M_P
    I am missing a black PMag which is numbered: "P01" and has yellow electric tape on the front with my name scribbled on it.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nope, it is made of solid gold and encrusted with precious gems.

Just kidding., it is a plain GI aluminum mag with nothing written on it. I usually write my initials on mags I take to a class. Shrug.

M_P

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The only black P-Mag that made the return trip with me was the sample mag Magpul provided via Larry. Sorry.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    SCAR-L

One thing that amazed me about the SCAR (probably shouldn't have though) is that 95% of what I have read about it was completely wrong.

IMO:

Based on my limited time with the SCAR-L I came away very impressed. It handled well, reliable, felt light, was superbly engineered & constructed, had good ergonomics, was very accurate, and is infinitely adjustable for a wide range of end-users body styles, preferences, and missions.

Sounds like a winner to me and I will certainly be looking to buy one.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    How is the reach to the mag release on the SCAR-L? Same as the AR/M4?
    In this picture it looks like the firing grip needs to be released and/or adjusted to hit the mag release. Or am I just seeing things?
    That was me in the pic. The lower controls/ergonomics felt the same as an AR. What might have added to it looking like a long reach is that I am not the tallest guy, nor have the biggest hands...

Feedback Score
    Gents

my latest working gun is a Colt 6920 with a DD RIS II rail , Surefire X300 mounted at 12 o'clock in front of the front sight, Troy flip up rear, slicked down MIAD pistolgrip, Star safety (great for lefties) , LMT SOPMOD stock, VCAS padded carbine sling, and Elcan Specter DR

This was my first class with it as I just dressed it up - it will be my 'truck' gun as in if I drive my truck to a class I will have it - If I fly then I will have a Charles Daly dressed out in a similiar (except with Aimpoint) fashion

I would hate to have any of my blasters stolen but i could stomach the CD alot more than the Colt

My initial impressions after this class are positive - everything on the gun is a proven piece of kit and not much of a risk except the Specter is very new and not many people have any real time on one - I want to shake it out and see how it stacks up

So far, after one one class, thumbs up

Cheers

LAV

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Two views of the Box Drill. The first one was an oberver's POV and the second was from my "Gun Cam" (my POV). I wish I could merge these two to play side-by-side.

Box Drill from an Observer POV

Box Drill from the Shooter's POV
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gentlemen,
    Looks like a great class, but checking yourself for ticks does not sound like fun.
    I see from the few pics you guys posted that alot of you guys including Larry Vickers are running the back of the VCAS at the slot in the stock.

My question is are you guys "choking yourselves with the sling when you transition to the other shoulder?

I see Robb, GotM4, is running the Daniel Defense receiver end plate adapter.

Did Mr. Vickers put out anything on the set upf the VCAS and it's use?

I like the idea of using the slot in the stock, as it is cheaper than buying a new adapter and I think the end of the stock gives the gun some stability when it is slung.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Jack
    Colt AR-15/M-16 Armorer, GLock Armorer, HK USP Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    He did discuss slings a bit. Most guys are running either the VCAS or the Viking two point sling. How you rig it is personal preference. Some guys rig it off of the buttstock, others off of a plate or bolt on. Personally I like the TD PR4 bolt on mount with the sling in the rear facing hole for the back of the sling and then slung close to the receiver in the front (MI rail mounted sling bar or swivel in the DD front rail). Rotation limiters are also a good thing.

Transitioning to weak hand seems to depend on your size. A smaller guy can let out the slack in the sling and move it to the other shoulder. Some of us wider guys drop the weak arm out of the sling and just let it hang around the neck.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast