Carrollwood checking in. I go to Florida Firearms Academy. http://www.ffatampa.com/ very cool staff and if you take their basic practical course and show competency they will let you then take their advanced course (both are only $20 apiece) and if you take a few advanced courses and show competency they will typically allow you to draw from holster. I will also say that the practical courses are a couple hours and are pretty damn good for the price. They also are good about not treating you like a baby once you show yourself to be competent and squared away. We've done drills there that I know damn well no other course would let us do.

I've shot IDPA & IPSC at WAC and it's fun but it's a hike to get down there and for me it ends up being almost a 3-4 hour trip total... with less than 1 hour spent actually shooting. Not saying that's bad because it's only $10 for those meets, but it's a big time investment.

Shooters world hasn't ever given me static for rapid fire or speed reloads, etc but I can see where if you were running a comp some people might complain. I will say that their rifle bays seem to be louder than most others, I was running my Tavor next to a guy with a comp on an SBR and it was rattling my damned teeth LOL

Oh, but what I wouldn't give for a great, private, outdoor range like what my dad goes to in Indiana... you can literally go there and do damn near anything you want.