Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: About ready to give up on 300blk...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bullittmcqueen View Post
    I've recently found some 147g range ammo online for around 70 cents a round. But I think I'm gonna have to start forming 300 from 223 cases and reloading.
    That won't really solve your problem either. I reload everything I shoot for the 300 BLK. Trying to find a steady supply of suitable bullets has been like chasing unicorns. To see what I mean just check the 4 largest reloading suppliers and see what they have in stock for 110 to 130 grain .308 bullets.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oops! wrong thread, I only shoot supers and the Hornady 150 FMJs can be had in 2100 rd bulk packs. Happy hunting.
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up on the FB page, I will keep my eyes open for some deals!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Practice with 5.56 until your stash is large enough. Then get into reloading it. For goodness sake it uses everything but the damn barrel.

Feedback Score
    Id love to have one but everything 300 comes with an insane premium in price, so no way for now
    Second Amendment Absolutist!

"Speed costs money, How fast do you want to go?"
    -seen on a speed shop in Michigan

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I see no reason to get into this caliber unless you reload... I have plenty 223 brass, so I can trim, load, and shoot match ammo for ~$.40/rd, w/ plinking ammo ~$.25/rd. It's a no brainer IMO.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Unless you reload. I going to be a pricey round.

Feedback Score
    Southwest ammunition has plenty, I use their sub 308 and they are fantastic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I've given up on it until a) I start reloading or b) it becomes more readily available at reasonable prices. In the meantime I've shelved my .300 ambitions for the time being. I love the round, just hate the circumstances that make it more trouble than what its worth right now.

Sent from my piece of s**t phone using Tapatalk2 (which can be equally unreliable when coupled with a junk phone)
    Same here. I have no time for reloading right now. And I always buy ammo in bulk, just in case. So it doesn't work for me yet.

Feedback Score
    Can't see the reason to 300.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast