Page 17 of 256 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score

Seiko Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    Seiko still makes a great watch...

Still easily "replaceable" if you manage to lose them. And it wont cost an arm, a leg,...and one testicle.

Yeah, you can get Seiko 5's for $50-$175 on eBay all day long. Fantastic value, and one of the best watches you can buy for the money. In my experience, they are usually accurate to within +/-15 sec/day which is great for a $10, machine-made movement. Seiko is no slouch of a maker. They make in-house movements ranging from the machine-made 7s26 auto, to the handcrafted Grand Seikos with hand wind movements which can top $15k. Even their Singapore made 7s26's are good.

I have one as my daily beater that only gains about 9 sec/day on avg., which is great since I'm usually running late. Not a high-beat chronometer by any stretch, but respectable for a sub-$100 mechanical watch. They have been reputed to run 20 years w/o a service. While they don't have a hack feature or hand wind option, they are very efficient self-winders as they auto-wind in both directions. I usually get about 36 hours+ of reserve power out of mine, plus... no batteries. I've been wearing my beater nearly daily now for going on five years without issue. I believe the monster divers all have Singapore made 7s26 movements, but I could be "mis-remembering".

BTW, that Citizen Autozilla is awesome!
    "If I must choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness" - Theodore Roosevelt

ToddG Guest
    If I buy a Seiko, it will be one of these:

It's times like this I wish I smoked ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

Well, I do smoke... CIGARS! And those pics definitely call for a CAO. Maybe some Bulleit bourbon as well.

Man Todd, you have some SERIOUSLY good taste!

Dayamn!!!
    "If I must choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness" - Theodore Roosevelt

Feedback Score
    Tissot T-Touch. Titatium with blue dial.

I can sense a GSAR in my near future and a Submariner LV (the green bezel one) in my more distant future. Another day, another addiction...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

Wow, the lume looks GREAT on that.

What's the damage or do I even want to ask?
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    What's the damage or do I even want to ask?
    Not normally available in the U.S. If you want one, it has to come direct from Japan. Current price seems to be just shy of 580,000 yen.

Feedback Score
    I wear a Rolex GMT II

Feedback Score
    My everyday watch is a Breitling Skyland Avenger, I collect watches but this one is my favorite. When I am training/working (range/tactical) it is my Casio G-Shock for sure!
    SEMPER FIDELIS

Feedback Score

A Beautiful Japanese Watch

Check this out!

http://www.manthanein.com/orient_express/WZ0091ER/

I purchased one of these for my father a while back. The dollar/yen exchange rate was pretty favorable then, making the watch only $250 to my door from Higuchi inc. in Japan. Fantastic watch!

Those fans of the vintage Rolex Explorer 1 will likely appreciate it. It is not an exact copy obviously, but more of an homage to the X1's styling cues. It makes a wonderful choice for an "every day" watch, so you don't bang up your originals. Plus, it has a date window complication.

I can attest to the craftsmanship of this watch. I'd say it'd be hard to get this level of quality at even four times the price. Orient also makes all of it's own movements "in-house". Signed crown and bracelet w/deployant. The photos truly belie it's beauty. Absolutely stunning! I believe Seiko/Epson is still owns 51% of Orient, so you'll have warranty support. Higuchi is wonderful to to business with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love my Marathon TSAR, but oddly enough I wish it was slightly bigger.

I don't think I'll ever spend near a grand for a watch, but I'd sure like to

Breitling...yum. This thread delivers!

Page 17 of 256 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast