Yes, my mistake. I should have elaborated a bit more. The only 870 that I believe was a Police Mag was an issued Scattergun Tech. gun to an LEO that was there, and that puppy looked well used and well loved. Even the instructor made a comment on how smooth it was when he borrowed it for a demo. That gun ran just fine from what I saw.

One guy had a "upgraded to police mag gun" that the barrel came loose as he was loading, but I did not ask what base gun he was using. Another guy had a 870 that was not extracting spent shells.

The two rented 870's on the first day had some kind of issue that I could not properly identify. It was almost as if they were not going all the way back causing a short stroke. The rented guns, or those students were not there on the second day. Maybe all they needed was a good cleaning?

I'd also like to say that the front sight that fell off a gun was off a Mossberg, but I couldn't tell you what model it was. That was my mistake in saying it was an 870.

There were two guys who had issues with their 870s while doing a rolling thunder, since it was pretty dark all I could tell you was that they were pumping a lot with far less shooting. In retrospect I should have asked what was going on with those guns.

There was a guy there on the first day that had a a Benelli M3 that had feeding issues, having the same gun, I identified it as a ammo issue, but the class was over before he had a chance to try the bird shot I gave him.