Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 10 round magazine for hunting

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hehuhates View Post
    Finally got my 10 round P-Mags. Should be getting 2 a day for three more days. I am getting used to the order restrictions at Midway. I pick up a hat or some $3-$5 replacement parts for misc. stuff so I can justify shipping.They have been in stock for about a week now. I refused to pay $25-$30 apiece on Ebay.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/765...10-round-black

Still waiting on the -5 limiters. Hope I can get them before the season. I see them on Ebay for $10 a pop, not happening. I have zero reliable 5 round mags every one I've owned has failed me at some point.
    Grant, G&R Tactical, had some 10rd Pmags last week. Picked some up. AIM surplus had minus 5, 3 to a pack, and free shipping. I'm set.

Edit to Update:
    G&R looks like they still have 10rd Pmags in stock:
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ion&key=MAG559

AIM looks like they still have Minus 5's in as well.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ack&groupid=14

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by .46caliber; 08-10-13 at 23:11.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any reports on the 10 round P-Mags with -5 limiter? Reliability good?

Alternatively, anyone know of good 5 round AR-15 magazines?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerer View Post
    Any reports on the 10 round P-Mags with -5 limiter? Reliability good?
    I'm not sure on the reliability with the limiter but my standard 10 rd pmags have been flawless thus far.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark1443 View Post
    I'm not sure on the reliability with the limiter but my standard 10 rd pmags have been flawless thus far.
    Thanks. Still would like to hear if the -5 limiter has caused anyone problems. I don't expect it to have, but hey you never know.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hate that the -5 limiter doesn't allow me to use the dust cover or load the magazine on a closed bolt, when mag is loaded to 5 rounds. I ground the limiter down with a file to even with the top of the Magpul symbol on the side of the limiter to solve the problem. Other than that the limiter is fine I've had no problems whatsoever.
    Last edited by Hehuhates; 09-16-13 at 12:48.
    L.L. this, L.L. that, soon as I walk in the place.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerer View Post
    Thanks. Still would like to hear if the -5 limiter has caused anyone problems. I don't expect it to have, but hey you never know.
    Haven't put a bunch through them, but we tested 3 of them with no issues.

Save for the dust cover/seat on closed bolt as already noted. Its still a pmag. I'm just surprised Magpul didn't leave the room for a dust cover or closed bolt. Doesn't jive with their normal mode of operation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by .46caliber; 09-16-13 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    I was on the Botach site a few minutes ago to check something else. I always check for 10 rd PMAGS while I'm there. Tonight was the first time they showed in stock. I ordered two. Hopefully they really are in stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hate that the -5 limiter doesn't allow me to use the dust cover or load the magazine on a closed bolt, when mag is loaded to 5 rounds. I ground the limiter down with a file to even with the top of the Magpul symbol on the side of the limiter to solve the problem. Other than that the limiter is fine I've had no problems whatsoever.
    We did that because there are plenty of states that will fine you if that magazine will take the 6th round, and in our standard clearance, you can force the extra round in. A clever guy could see where to remove some material to allow both dust cover and closed bolt seating, but doing so voids the limiter warranty.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    We did that because there are plenty of states that will fine you if that magazine will take the 6th round, and in our standard clearance, you can force the extra round in. A clever guy could see where to remove some material to allow both dust cover and closed bolt seating, but doing so voids the limiter warranty.
    It was not a big deal to file the limiter down. How the hell did you force in another round without breaking the thing? I couldn't force the dust cover on or compress the thing an 1/8th of an inch.

Oh yea 10 round mags and limiters on sale now @ Midway.
    Last edited by Hehuhates; 09-17-13 at 09:57.
    L.L. this, L.L. that, soon as I walk in the place.....

Feedback Score
    It was not a big deal to file the limiter down. How the hell did you force in another round without breaking the thing? I couldn't force the dust cover on or compress the thing an 1/8th of an inch.

Oh yea 10 round mags and limiters on sale now @ Midway.
    Ditto. No way in hell would I be able to get anything else in. Not even close. I don't think I can get a 1/16th of a gap between cartridge and lips when pressing on that last round.

They work great and they certainly adhere to restriction. I'm thrilled to have a quality 5/10 option. But no way, no how, is that 6th even dreaming about getting in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast