26 (100%)
    I'm in for a paperback.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    I'll take a paperback.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    this has my interest. a kindle or paperback with good diagrams/pics is on my list when they become available...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Def. in for small backpack version in paperback...I personally like youtube for an additional visual refrence used with the reading material. Not to mention practice before get in woods..
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry to tell you all that the book isn't going to happen. The trapper, who has been a great friend and mentor to me for more than the past 20 years, has passed away unexpectedly. He was really excited about the book (and so was I). We made it through the initial outline and things his health took a turn for the worse. The product would have been a great legacy for his grandchildren to admire and it could have imparted a lot of valuable knowledge.

He did manage to make a coyote trapping video a couple of years ago that sold mostly in New England. I may help his wife market those if she wants to.

I am not a trapper by any stretch of the imagination. But one thing I did take from him during our long conversations was the importance of equipment. His advice to people that could end up snaring in a survival situation was to purchase the proper gear (snare wire or different gauges), clips, etc. and get your rigging set up ahead of time. The emphasis of the book was going to be obtaining the proper hear and using it. He told me that this crap you see about snaring rabbits with shoelaces, etc. will work but is frequently not successful. If you choose the right gear you can put a lot of snares out relatively easily and almost guarantee catches if you know what you are doing.
    He assured me that the right setup would be light, portable and easy to set up.
    The told me that the basic principles in snaring a rabbit were basically the same principles in snaring a deer, just on a larger scale with a few modifications.

Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge to go on with this project.

He will be missed greatly, especially in the Maine trapping community. My life this week was considerably more empty than it had been just two weeks ago.

I thank all of you for your interest in the book and wish you well.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Maineshooter, I am very sorry for your loss. Please pass on my sympathies to his family.

It truly is a sad thing, when we lose such people and their knowledge.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Interest in a Survival Snaring Book

what a loss, so sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12