Thread: Ruger SR9 Safety Recall

ToddG Guest

Ruger SR9 Safety Recall

My friend Howard Potash just sent me an email about this:

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/SR9Recall/

RUGER® SR9™ PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE
    DO NOT USE YOUR RUGER SR9 PISTOL

We have determined that some Ruger SR9 pistols manufactured between October 2007 and April 2008 can, under certain conditions, fire if dropped with their manual safeties in the "off" or "fire" position. The pistols will not fire if the manual safety is in the "on" or "safe" position.

We will retrofit all Ruger SR9 pistols starting with serial number prefix “330” (330-xxxxx) with these new parts at no charge to our customers.

In order to ensure correct fitting, this new part must be installed at our Ruger factory in Prescott, Arizona. We will remove the old parts and install the new group promptly, at no charge, and will return the pistol to you. The old parts will not be returned.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Todd. I have at least one local shooter who uses an SR9. I've forwarded this to my shooters.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info I just bought one of these a few months ago. They aren't going to start shipping out the boxes to ship the gun back until mid-may. :/

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    Thanks Todd, shot out to a couple of the local boys.
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!