Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does this look right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddGB View Post
    The reason for a flush barrel is so the end doesnt get damaged if it hits something. The barrel on the other pic you posted is more likly to get damaged than your gun.
    The point of a recessed crown is to avoid damage, regardless of the barrel length. Neither of those pistols is likely to get a damaged crown. Nor would they be if they extended 1/16" or so beyond the bushing, as in most 1911s, although they would look pretty stupid with that type of recess.

Feedback Score
    I don't see a gap. It looks like the chamfering of the barrel and bushing is playing tricks on your eyes. Looks fine to me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Less eye screwing and finger banging... more shooting!
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The gap he's talking about is the tip of barrel being set back from flush of the bushing, not "clearance" gap around it.

That said the bushing has support far enough back on barrel that should cause zero problems or hangups. As said once you get it you could email some pics to NH to verify what they have to say.

Feedback Score
    I haven't received the gun yet, it's still on layaway for now. I got a case of extreme first time consumer obsession . I'll be sure to ask Nighthawk what the deal is when I get it, hopefully there's no problems.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    Less eye screwing and finger banging... more shooting!
    That's funny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12