I've fired 300 rds through my new FNP-45 and discovered it to be soft recoiling(felt), very accurate, and 100% reliable, so far. With the flat grip attachment, my hand fits nicely. Yes, the grip is a tad long but its circumference should be ok for most. I glued it in place and chunked the curved jobby.

If you can live with other high capacity DA/SA or striker-fired pistols, which are also large, it's highly probable that you will like this one. I saw no evidence that the FNP-45 is not a well-made handgun. You will see a cast line on its massive extractor but will also see a precisely machined slide and barrel.

Though not a rough gun to start with, the FNP-45 smoothed up after 200 rounds. It will tolerate limp wristing and functions even with the old 185 grain target semiwadcutters made for bullseye shooting.

In all pistol magazines and especially high caps, I load at least one round less than full capacity. Inserting the mag is easier, and you will feel a discernible, positive lock-up of mag with the mag release. Also, racking the slide back requires less effort because of decreased upward pressure of loaded rounds against the slide. I put 13 rounds in the mag, rack the slide, drop the hammer, and I'm ready to go. I keep it very well lubed.

The folks at FN headquarters in Va are really nice and will actually talk to you on the phone. Repair on the FNP series is done at Browning's repair center in Missouri.

Williejc