Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 19 failure

Feedback Score
    I'm wondering if the TGZ gun and the OP's gun are close in production times. Perhaps a few bad slides?

I've been shooting two fo my Glocks (G19 & G34) since 1998 & 1999, respectively. I've not seen this happen until reading this post...

Feedback Score
    Is this the same problem as that links picture? They sort of don't sound ecactly the same.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Let me make something clear, I am not bashing Glock nor do I have any problem with them. They are replacing the slide. I am only curious if anyone knows what could have caused this. I don't have a camera but it looks just like the picture that
    cathellsk linked. The only difference is that the cracks are at one and seven o'clock on my slide. I am not sure but it looks like the firing pin channel is drilled all the way through the breech face and then a firing pin bushing is pressed into the breech face. Looks like the bushing cracked and moved forward preventing the barrel from unlocking.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    While I have never seen this issue before (personally), I have heard about it many times.

All manufacturers put out lemons and am glad to hear that Glock is taking care of the problem.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sorry but I just thought of this. If any members are in the Palm Beach County area and would like to take pictures of this just let me know. It will have to be soon because I will be sending this to Glock next week.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I got the G19 back from Glock. Only took two weeks. They replaced everything except the frame. All new internal parts. Practically a brand new G19. Very satisfied with Glocks customer service.

LSK

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LSK View Post
    I got the G19 back from Glock. Only took two weeks. They replaced everything except the frame. All new internal parts. Practically a brand new G19. Very satisfied with Glocks customer service.

LSK
    Hey thanks for the update LSK and I'm glad to hear they took care of everything!

Happy shooting

ETA: I was wondering what the serial number prefix is of your G19? Is it an older one or a newer one? Thanks.
    Last edited by M4arc; 04-09-08 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    I hate to see this in any firearm no matter who the maker but it happens.

Glad they made it good for you.

I had a new Mossy shotgun that cracked the tube that forend is attached to on the action bar assembly. It cracked at the threaded area for the lock ring that held the forend on. Mossberg made it right though.

Point is stuff will break on firearms in places you never think about on ocassion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12