Thread: DDM4 V4 Upper on a Colt LE6920 Lower

Feedback Score

DDM4 V4 Upper on a Colt LE6920 Lower

I have a Colt LE6920. I've been eyeing the Daniel Defense DDM4V4, but have been thinking about just getting the upper. Has anybody mounted this upper to a 6920? It appears to be plug and play, but I was just curious about tolerances or any risk by mixing the parts.

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No risk at all. It should be good to go.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    No risk at all. It should be good to go.
    x60183...Trust what AKDoug said. It will work just fine.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Yeah it should be good. I put a DD M4V5 complete upper on my Colt 6940 lower and it works flawlessly.
    "All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advice, guys.

Shifting gears a little bit...

The DD M4V4 upper does not have a bayonet lug. I know the flash suppressor can be removed and a non-evil version added. If I then put on a fixed stock to the Colt lower and ditch the post-94 30 round mags, I would then have a NY-legal rifle (leaving the Colt upper and adjustable stock with family in a non-AWB state).

I ask because I'm in the military and may PCS to an AWB state... and then back to a non-AWB state, and so on...