Page 48 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: The H&K picture thread...No Compromise!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Digging the wear on that pistol, talon.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I love seeing a well worn HK!

Excellent work Talon.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post

Excellent work Talon.
    No doubt, they are more rare than Unicorns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I've been wandering the desert of ar15.com with a brief romance at 300blktalk.com and finally found m4carbine.net. The knowledge on this forum blew me out of the water and happily opened my eyes to the need for quality in my firearms.

ARs aside, I have been searching for a pistol with good accuracy and outstanding reliability. Started out with a Springfield 4" GI 1911, then XDs, then an M&P after finding this forum.

The M&P almost destroyed my confidence in my average accuracy skills with the ability to hit about 6/10 on a paper plate at 25 yards and weird "flyers" at 7 yards so I decided to go for a final solution. Found this H&K USP on Gunbroker for $470 as a police trade in with two ban-era mags from '94.

Great accuracy and the known durability and reliability have baptized me as an H&K man. Again average to below average shooter but I can get 10/10 in the smooth, non-ridged part of a paper plate at 25 yards and 10/10 in a 3" target at 15 yards. I'll lurk more than post on this forum as I am no expert but hopefully this is a decent first post. Now to take a pistol class or 10 to tighten up that accuracy and add some smooth speed!

Too many words...pic thread

Variant 4 for us lefties! I bought a variant 1/2 plate to run cocked and locked until/if/when I can find and try a LEM kit.

Date code is KF, indicating manufacturing date in 1995. I believe the lack of finish on top of the barrel is normal for this era.

Shows holster wear but not much evidence of being shot other than for yearly quals. Need to find more of these gems.

Don't understand people saying the USP is a "giant gun." 9mm M&Ps are 7.5" x 5.5" x 1.2" with a 4.25" barrel. USPs are 7.65" x 5.35" x 1.26" with a 4.25" barrel.

Love the checkering on the USP that people pay so much money for on 1911s and that truly ambi mag release. Thanks for you time.

Feedback Score
    Picked up this brand new 2012 production USP Tactical yesterday......test-fire date is Sept 6th 2012.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Any body stippled an HK pistol yet? I've been tempted to stipple a few spots on my P30 but am a little scared to take a hot soldering iron to an $800 pistol... I've thought about just using some Ankert Customs grip tape instead.
    Last edited by Bogart; 10-21-12 at 15:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
    Picked up this brand new 2012 production USP Tactical yesterday......test-fire date is Sept 6th 2012.

Definitely on my list of guns to buy, I love this handgun with an osprey suppressor! Good but brother!
    "If man does his best what else is there?"
    - George S. Patton

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Any body stippled an HK pistol yet? I've been tempted to stipple a few spots on my P30 but am a little scared to take a hot soldering iron to an $800 pistol... I've thought about just using some Ankert Customs grip tape instead.
    Some pics of the HK45 I had Cold Bore Customs stipple in his tactical texture:

I no longer own the gun, and currently use 3M Safety Walk on my P30LS.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 10-21-12 at 23:26.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    How does the 3M safety walk work for you? Do you ever have to re-apply it or does it stay in place well and not get old and start to un-stick?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post

Excellent work Talon.
    Agreed
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 48 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast