Thread: K9 Preparedness Guide, FAQ & Link Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    My roommate and I have a six year old chocolate lab (mine) and a five year old red heeler (his).

I adopted my lab four years ago off a family who couldn't keep him because they were gone all the time and he was spending 80% of his life in a dog kennel. Roommate found his dog while he was on patrol, took him to the humane society and adopted him once all the paperwork cleared and they got him up to date on his shots. The red heeler is pretty skiddish and doesn't like it when I play guitar (acoustic or electric, doesn't matter), put away the dishes, listen to music at pretty much any level, etc. He always runs and hides in the closet, so I'm assuming he was abused and then dumped on the road somewhere.

My lab doesn't really care for guns I don't think (he was in the room when I got shot a year after I got him and ever since if I pick one up and yell bang he hauls ass ) and the heeler will shake and shiver if you even set a gun down next to him... but they make an excellent early warning system.
    Last edited by Six Feet Under; 09-08-12 at 17:28.
    “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” - William James

"I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion."