Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
.....and a Bill Springfield-tuned CMT trigger. Bill's is a single stage, but the difference between the gritty stock trigger and his tuned version is pretty remarkable. I asked for him to give me the 4lb trigger, I don't have a pull gauge, but it feels pretty kick ass during dry firing. He does all this while retaining stock springs. ...
i think i've heard of this fellow. is he the guy doing this in a turn around for $35? somebody on ar15.com may have mentioned him, or it may have been another chap...

either way, i will caution anyone against a scenario where we take mil spec hammers and sears and we begin grinding and polishing. the surface hardening on most of them is a few thousands, and you can easily move past this threshold in a hurry while doing your polish job. i recognize that this will work fine for some folks as their rigs don't see enough use to wear past surface hardening and become problematic. or they simply don't put enough rounds down range to wear too much even though the surface hardened portion of the engagement points may be already gone. either way, you're set up for a pending disappointment. plinking out the back door isn't a tough spot to be in when the firearm doubles and/or quits. kickin' down doors for a living would make me reconsider my choice of triggers quick, fast, and in a hurry.

food for thought.

i don't want to have anyone think i'm condemning this fellow considering i don't know his process. i'm speaking generally.