Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Are you shooting 3 inch targets or human sized targets? I thought you said human in first post.

If you are shooting human sized targets, why hold over from 0-25? Put the dot in his chest, and at most you are 2.8 low using your optic.

I guess it is not the zero distance I am confused about, but why you think you need to hold over vs a human at close ranges under standard battle conditions (sniper etc, I can see need for more precise targetting).
This is about effectively dealing with human threats, not "human sized targets". The size of the vital areas selected for destruction are much smaller.
To reliably instantly shut down a human threat, your target area in the head is a roughly 3" circle in the center of the head. Sometimes parts of the head can be obscured by hard cover or things I don't want to put bullets into.

Common loop-holes in walls (murder holes) can be as small as 3" and still permit the bad-guy to aim through them while shooting. Putting bullets through them and not around them end the fight a lot faster.

The precision requirement of a "W" in a gunfight is greater than most people understand.