Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What brand of flashlights contend with Surefire?

Feedback Score
    I'd also recommend taking a look at Elzetta:

A Few of My Favorite Things by Triple Bravo, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I would not buy the Fenix I don't want a Chinese anything on my weapon. SF is my 1st choice and I would buy an Elzetta.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The problem with most of the alternatives is that they cater to the light geeks, with 57 options and 18 programs. The light geeks hate Surefire for the pricing and because Surefire refuses to cater to their daily whims of what would be "neat". The alternative brands are happy to cater to this nonsense because it's their only real market share.

Despite the fact that I get checks from Surefire for writing for their magalog, I'd be happy to look at alternatives. So far the few I've bought have left me disappointed or confused, and so I continue to go back to the known standard. I want a light, not a discotheque in my pocket.

I don't like the price of the X300, but I haven't found an alternative that does everything that it does, including switching that is as good or mounting that is as flexible. Yes, the X300 is expensive, but the fact that I can move it from my handgun to my rifle in less time than it takes to type that is a huge bonus to me, and it means effectively two lights for the price of one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If guys might die if my light ****s up, I want Surefire.

H

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Take Fenix, 4Sevens, Eagletac, Jetbeam, etc... filter by "single output", you get bupkis. As a non-mil or LEO, single output is the most important feature to me. I have been an advocate for Fenix in the past and have a TK10 on a rifle, but guess what happens when I decided to try timed drills of getting the rifle up from low ready and activating the light...I got light, strobe, light, strobe, etc... YAY! Look at me, im gay.

Elzetta & HDS are my last options since I think you can lock the other settings out; but now im in the realm of Surefires pricing. Im smitten with my Surefire Mini, I only wish it was brighter; perfect size, perfect controls.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I get so sick of the sf fan boy bs! People are so quick to jump to the conclusion that everything that sf builds is "bombproof" and everything else is junk...so quick to forget that the all it took was a hot halogen sf dropped...and your in the dark. Yes...nowadays surefire has leds that don't burn out easily...but unless you pay hundreds of dollars, you are still in the 80 or 110 lumen range.. with less battery life than my 340 lumen Olight....that just screams quality! There is no evidence that convinces me that sf is worth the ridiculous price they retail at...especially when I own a g2, a 6p, a fenix ta21 and 2 olights. My fenix has taken abuse that I know for a fact my g2 would not take, not so sure my 6p, or Olights would be working either.
    Last edited by camoman; 06-19-12 at 09:23.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I get so sick of the sf fan boy bs! People are so quick to jump to the conclusion that everything that sf builds is "bombproof" and everything else is junk...so quick to forget that the all it took was a hot halogen sf dropped...and your in the dark. Yes...nowadays surefire has leds that don't burn out easily...but unless you pay hundreds of dollars, you are still in the 80 or 110 lumen range.. with less battery life than my 340 lumen Olight....that just screams quality! There is no evidence that convinces me that sf is worth the ridiculous price they retail at...especially when I own a g2, a 6p, a fenix ta21 and 2 olights. My fenix has taken abuse that I know for a fact my g2 would not take, not so sure my 6p, or Olights would be working either.
    Pot, meet kettle.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    i also run fenix as a daily light, there just as solid (if not more) than the comparable surefires.

the only other brand id trust would be the blackhawk brand "Night-ops"
    dont let the parent company scare you away, these lights are not korean made junk.

the night ops gladius is to this day the best light ive ever owned.
    has all the features you want and is easiest on the market to use.
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I have yet to find a weapon mounted light from anyone that out performs the SF X300 or M600.

At this point the only non-SF lights I am interested in are for pocket carry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I'm not a fan boy. I just want stuff to work. I dont care who makes it. I do care where it is made and i am willing to pay more for an American made product. Especially one that lives depend on. I've tried other lights but have bee disappointed in quality and performance.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast