Thread: Face Shields for Blast Injuries

Feedback Score

Face Shields for Blast Injuries

Study suggests adding a polycarbonate face shield to military helmets would help more soldiers avoid blast-induced brain injuries.

MIT Article

Actual Study

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Great, one more thing to reduce evaporative cooling and increase the amount of weight you have to hump around. I hope some good idea fairy doesn't see that. I guess if you're mounted it might be worthwhile.
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 11-26-10 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    I think it bears discussion from a purely medical viewpoint but certainly operational you must conduct a cost/benefit analysis, at some point the additional weight will become prohibitive. All the same as more and more research comes out in regards to blast injuries over the years it will be interesting to see how designs evolve.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll take my chances without one. The last thing I want while humping in the Stan is an effing face mask.

Feedback Score
    We were issued the level III face shields about two years ago.

I'm told that I have to like them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Technology is probably not here yet, but I always wondered why no one has designed a motorcycle-type fully enclosed helmet with integrated earpro/commo/illumination.

I'd say a HUD too, but that's sci-fi stuff.

(Okay, getting back in to my lane now).

Feedback Score
    IIRC from watching the history channel one of the future soldier programs has a full helmet with a face mask with a HUD ala the halo game.

i bet the tech exists to make full face helmet/masks ala halo odsts but its probably not cost effective or cant be produced in numbers to matter.
    I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMedic View Post
    Study suggests adding a polycarbonate face shield to military helmets would help more soldiers avoid blast-induced brain injuries.

MIT Article

Actual Study
    Really it great that face shield to military helmets is now more secure and protective for the soldiers which prevent brain injuries. Its works like a pressure deflector.
    Different general safety signs in a workplace you get it from supplylinedirect