Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Noveske STS thread

Feedback Score

Official Noveske STS thread

Per discussions with Stickman, he's agreed to shed some light on the upcoming Magpul/Noveske project. This is a Magpul-made, Noveske/Magpul co-developed polymer safety lever.

This is what we've got so far:

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...gree-selector/

All yours Stickman!
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 06-11-12 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for kicking off this thread.

Per the MT article, you might want to add to your description above, e.g., polymer lever(s) with steel internals.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The STS uses Magpul SSG selector levers for the SCAR. The levers are reversible on the Ambi version, or you can choose to run the short lever on the RH selector.

The center drum section is steel, hardened, with a nitride finish.

The throw is 60 deg.

The slot for the detent is designed to make it a bit easier going back onto safe, while keeping a very positive feel.

Currently in production, they will be available from Noveske dealers in about two weeks.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Todd,

Are multiple colors going to be available?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGreg View Post
    Todd,

Are multiple colors going to be available?
    OG plz tell me this post was tongue-in-cheek, just dripping w/ sarcasm, correct?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The STS uses Magpul SSG selector levers for the SCAR. The levers are reversible on the Ambi version, or you can choose to run the short lever on the RH selector.

The center drum section is steel, hardened, with a nitride finish.

The throw is 60 deg.

The slot for the detent is designed to make it a bit easier going back onto safe, while keeping a very positive feel.

Currently in production, they will be available from Noveske dealers in about two weeks.

That about sums it up!

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    OG plz tell me this post was tongue-in-cheek, just dripping w/ sarcasm, correct?
    While I would doubt there are any current plans to do the full Magpul color spectrum, if the demand was there it should be easy enough to do. The big question would be regarding the demand for it, and I'm not sure people really care that much about selector/ safety colors.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is a quick picture showing the lever at its 60 degree position.

Stick

Feedback Score
    Stick, is there anyway to post some macro pictures of the internals? Detent grooves, center barrel etc.? Maybe some close-up disassembled pics?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Stick, is there anyway to post some macro pictures of the internals? Detent grooves, center barrel etc.? Maybe some close-up disassembled pics?
    Probably not for awhile, I've got a heavy schedule right now with articles, pictures, and the 5k 300blk testing in addition to my cop job. The next time I'm shooting macro work or have a lighting setup which will work, I'll try to get some shots done of it.
    Last edited by Stickman; 06-11-12 at 12:37.
    Stick

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast