Thread: Corrosion Testing (New Pics - 5-08-12)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    Of course paint, oil and just about everything else we use in our daily lives is harmful if you ingest buckets of it or huff it daily. Since we still paint our houses and fix our cars in spite of the "dangers" it must be that the risk of harm from normal use is minimized with normal handling common sense.

I use Tri Flow on my bicycles and guns not as a pasta sauce.

If a person wants to use biodegradable oils then more power to them. I have yet to find any bio stuff that works as well as the death lubes.

Tri Flow (nor anything else containing teflon) turns into nerve gas when put in a gun. The processes are out of my expertise but a wee bit more involved than that.
    Well, you see, in your post, you said something close to -I doubt a major corporation like Sherwin Williams would market a dangerous-to humans oil.- Which is not true, hence my post. You did not elaborate that you meant if using proper precautions.

It seemed like you was saying there was no danger AT ALL which is why I responded. Using proper precautions may protect you when using those products, of course, thats what i stated & I DID NOT say someone should NOT USE said products or that they turn into nerve gas, but I stated factual information about what the manufactures has said to be true themselves, like they are in fact dangerous to humans through prolonged exposure, etc... I said nothing about using it on your favorite pasta.

Again, In NO WAY, was my post stating that someone should NOT use those products, but was stating they are in fact, toxic.

Through extensive T & E's of products for friction inhibitory properties I have found Non-toxic Frog Lube to be one of the best, with the exception of not having magnificent, worst case, long-term corrosion combativeness, obviously as seen in this test.
    In our evaluation, FL was better at inhibiting friction longer at a wide variety of temperatures & environmental variables than the so called "death lube" Tri-flow which was also tested. Not to say it didn't perform adequately, because it did.
    Last edited by Ghostmaker; 05-08-12 at 00:48.
    Instructor-Basic, Intermediate & Advanced Combative Techniques for Carbine & Pistol

"Responsibility for your Protection & Superiority in Combat starts here... at Lakeview Combative Training."-Ghostmaker

"FROG LUBE doubles as my TOOTH PASTE."-Ghostmaker

"Be Professional at making Ghosts." -Ghostmaker