Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training in MN?

Feedback Score
    We are in the middle of our winter training schedule, lots of armorer courses all over the country at the moment. We should be releasing our spring/summer training calendar in the next 2 weeks. For Minnesota, we will have a Tactical Carbine Course, Urban Tactics Course, and Gunfighting From and Around Vehicles Course on the calendar, among our Alumni Training Events (1-day).

CY6
    Greg Sullivan "Sully"
    SLR15 Rifles
    Defensive Edge Training
    CY6
    Greg Sullivan "Sully"
    SLR15 Rifles

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR15 View Post
    For Minnesota, we will have a Tactical Carbine Course, Urban Tactics Course, and Gunfighting From and Around Vehicles Course on the calendar, among our Alumni Training Events (1-day).
    I'm from north dakota and I am intrested in taking a class, where in Minnesota is the class, and where can I find out more details about the classes?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At QSI, we are working on a website redesign. The best way to find out what we are up to is via our Facebook page. It's linked to:

www.qsitraining.net

You can also send an email to info@qsitraining.net. Or call me direct 612-702-5517.

Sorry you had trouble contacting us, hope to hear from you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Defensive firearms training in the Upper Midwest
    www.qsitraining.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by North Dakota Shooter View Post
    I'm from north dakota and I am intrested in taking a class, where in Minnesota is the class, and where can I find out more details about the classes?
    From what I hear the majority of these classes are in Brainerd or around that area. Shouldn't be a horrible drive for you I would hope.

www.timmtraining.com is another training site with classes in MN.

I now realize that link is under construction. He also sent this: facebook.com/timmtraining
    that one does work. They have a one day beginners class in Brainerd may 5 tentatively.
    Last edited by benw315; 02-15-12 at 22:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by North Dakota Shooter View Post
    The Defensive Edge. Course listings are on the upper left side of the page. The courses are in Princeton.
    Last edited by 8mmMauser; 02-18-12 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    TRICON CC2 for Oct 9-11 in Brainerd is now posted on TRICONs website. Just registered myself...anyone else?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilco423 View Post
    TRICON CC2 for Oct 9-11 in Brainerd is now posted on TRICONs website. Just registered myself...anyone else?
    I'm still contemplating. I took CC2 last year. Wouldn't mind the opportunity to improve my performance....

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilco423 View Post
    I would like to. My brother took the TRICON courses offered in Brainerd the last two years and had nothing but good to say about them. Hopefully I will be free that weekend.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    Just an update for people paying attention to this thread...

I decided on the following course:
    http://controlledchaosarms.com/
    in Iowa for a couple reasons. The first being that, before I began looking for a class, I decided to take one with a buddy. This is the one he could make between the couple this spring. Second, it starts with the very basics such as maintenance and zeroing. I already "know" these but I'm sure I still can learn a lot about them. If I didn't choose this one, I would take
    http://www.timmtraining.com/home/welcome.html
    They both seem to deal with the same material, but Timm Training is closer to me (and a little cheaper). I'll try to take good notes and post a review but no guarantees on the quality of the review. I'm a still pretty new to the tactical aspects of firearms.

Edit: the course I'm taking is the basic carbine course.
    Last edited by benw315; 03-20-12 at 20:51.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12