Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm ready to buy my new Gunsafe, I think...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireman223
    Really, I'm trying to decide. I've got a Liberty dealer ten minutes away.
    If he doesn't gouge on the price, I'd say that's big "plus" in the Liberty column when you're trying to decide on a brand.

You might want to get a safe that's big enough for your guns *and* your metal cutting tools

Feedback Score
    I went through this decision making process last month. I thought I wanted a 60x40x27 safe in the 940# range. It was going to cost me about $1350.
    Then one day I was at Sams Club and noticed they had Winchester 60x30x22 safes for $581 and they weighed 575#. Although that size wasn't big enough for my needs I figured I could get two and still have less money invested than getting one large one. Also another real plus is that a 575# safe can be handled by one guy a lot easier than a 940# one. Yet another plus was I could put the safes on opposing foundation walls in my house and avoid possible problems with my floors that I might have had with the one big one.
    So I ended up with two of the Sams Club's safes and am happy with my decision. They have electronic locks BTW. I prefer this over the dial and key locks.

Feedback Score
    I am now on my second Liberty and have been very satisfied. I have a Liberty Washington 40 and its pretty big. Always go with the largest safe you can afford as you will be amazed how quick it will fill up (sold my first one and went larger). As far as locks go almost everyboby uses S&G dial locks and they are pretty good. My trusted locksmith said to stay away from the electronic pads if you are in and out a lot as long term they are not as trust worthy. Also dial locks need to be serviced every so often to ensure long life.

Hey, you are already ahead of the game by just considering a safe !!
    Thanks to all the criminals for the continued in-service training. Police K-9 "Diesel"
    In memory of retired K9 "Ranger" 11/97-12/06. A friend lost but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    Again, thank you for everyone's input. Anybody else?
    -Fireman223

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    For the same price you are going to pay for a Liberty, you can get a Champion safe with more protection features (better fire rating, More bolts, thicker gauge steel, heavier). I just had my Champion "Victory 25" delivered a month ago, and it is much nicer than the Liberty it replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12