Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Trends/new-hotness for 2012?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah!! No doubt! I'm not dealing with AAC anymore... This 90T nonsense.... We were trying to fix the 51T yesterday. But I need to buy a $2000 lathe to make their 51T's lock up right for bolt gunning.
    For what it's worth, our 2010s use the 51t mounts for AAC suppressors. And they've been solid. Lots of shooting, lots of removing and remounting, under pretty shitty conditions. Small OPs, no armorer support. Small sample size, I know, but... my observation.
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve--oh View Post
    For what it's worth, our 2010s use the 51t mounts for AAC suppressors. And they've been solid. Lots of shooting, lots of removing and remounting, under pretty shitty conditions. Small OPs, no armorer support. Small sample size, I know, but... my observation.
    I know the 51T works... it just doesn't lock up tight for precision.

We ran through a handful of mounts yesterday and only one of them would lock up with no wobble. Not a problem for general use... but we're running a 762 SDN on some bolt guns... and a rattling can farks up barrel harmonics.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I know the 51T works... it just doesn't lock up tight for precision.

We ran through a handful of mounts yesterday and only one of them would lock up with no wobble. Not a problem for general use... but we're running a 762 SDN on some bolt guns... and a rattling can farks up barrel harmonics.
    I guarantee steve-oh can comment on precision fire. Not saying he will disprove you or not but do listen when he speaks about stuff like this.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I guarantee steve-oh can comment on precision fire. Not saying he will disprove you or not but do listen when he speaks about stuff like this.

The problem with the wobble is widely known in bolt gun circles. There is nothing to disprove or prove.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The problem with the wobble is widely known in bolt gun circles. There is nothing to disprove or prove.
    What I was saying is that one should listen to what the deployed Ranger on a mountaintop in Afghanistan seeing combat every day has to say. That is it, Scott.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Yeah, ****ing zombies. I can't believe that even a company like eotech would jump on zombie bandwagon.
    Can you elaborate on eotechs zombie involvement? A link too it would be nice, Its kinda disappointing to hear a lot of companies are trying to cash in on the zombie craze. I bought a case of Honradys zombie ammo but that was a one time joke purchase.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    the zombie thing is all in good fun

Why so Serious?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I was just wondering about eotechs involvement with zombie merchandising, zombie ammunition was fun but seriously some items just do not make sense. Like what would eotech do with their hws? Paint it green and make the reticule a skull and crossbones? I'll admit that would be cool but who honestly has several hundred dollars for just a cool hws.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    they just replaced the standard reticle with a biohazard reticle

http://www.ondutygear.com/control/pr...=EOTECH-XPS2-Z

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    With practicality aside that is pretty cool. Too bad its $525.00.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast