Thread: Times change, do you?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post

I'm don't care about the methods, as long as you can apply them efficiently.

I'd rather fight next to a guy using the old ''teacup'' grip who shoots 15,000 rounds a year, than a guy who ran a Magpul glass and preaches it to the book and knows it by heart but only shoots 500 rounds a year.
    I understand what you're trying to say but this is a bad example. You can practice something with shitty technique and it won't make you that much better no matter how many rounds you send downrange. Think quality over just quantity. 15,000 rounds of "cup and saucer" shooting will lead to slower split times and shittier groups than what the same person could achieve with a better grip and better training even if it is less total rounds downrange.

We always said "practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect."

I've also shot with guys that were using good technique and shot thousands of rounds a year, but they just were not that great of shooters. I know other guys that don't shoot very often but can pick up a gun and spank everybody because they have all the fundementals down and can apply them correctly.

Back to the OP:
    I used to hold an M4 by the magwell. Now I can't stand to hold it that way. I like getting my support hand out as far as possible. The funny thing is that I was taught to hold the support hand forward as early as 1995 by John Shaw. I just didn't like doing it at the time. Now i find that I can shoot faster and more accurately with my support hand out further.
    Last edited by sniperfrog; 12-28-11 at 21:10.